- Inch To Feet Converter Download Online
- Inch To Feet Converter Download Free
- Height Conversion In To Ft
- How To Convert Inches Into Feet Chart
- Inches.to.feet Converter
- Printable Height Conversion Chart Feet To Inches
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 17 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
There are 8 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 262,346 times.
A cm to feet and inches converter gives you fast numbers without the actual handwork of doing the math on paper. You can then finish your job faster and easier. Centimeter to Feet Conversion. Some larger projects like those found in the construction or engineering industry may call for you to convert centimeters to feet. 5 Inches = 12.7 Centimeters. The site was created for quickly converting inches to other popular units of measure and back. At the moment, the online calculator considers five major systems to convert the values between them in all directions. Metric System: kilometer, hectometer, decameter, meter, decimeter, centimeter, millimeter, (micrometer. Inch-Pounds to Foot-Pounds Converter.
Converting inches to feet is quick and easy once you know how to do it! The basics to remember are that there are 12 inches in one foot, so you can get from inches to feet by dividing by 12.
- The answer we got was 5.83, so we would write it as 5.83 feet. The girl is 5.83 feet tall.
- In our example problem, 5.83 × 12 = 70 inches. This was our original number of inches.
- Let's use an example problem to show how to do this. We'll figure out how many feet 15.4 inches and 15 & 2/5 inches are. These are the same numbers, just written differently.
- Decimal: 15.4 / 12 = 1.28 feet
- Fraction: 15 & 2/5 = (75 + 2)/5 = 77/5 inches.
- 77/5 inches / 12 = 77/5 × 1/12 = 77/60 feet, or 1 & 17/60 feet
Method 2 of 2:Getting a 'Feet and Inches' Measurement Download Article
- 1Divide the number of inches by 12. Instead of using fractions or decimals, feet measurements are often written as a mix of feet and inches. For instance, you might say that someone is 'five feet, nine inches tall'.
- For this section, let's figure out how many feet 28 inches is. To start, we'll divide 28 by 12. 28 / 12 = 2.33.
- 2Find the remainder. When you divide a number and it doesn't 'fit' perfectly, you'll have a little bit left over. This is called the 'remainder.' For example, when you divide the number 16 by 5, 5 fits in three times, but not perfectly. There is still 1 'left over.' This means the answer to 16 / 5 can be written 3 remainder (or 'R') 1. Now, look for the remainder in your division problem.x feet, y inches.'
- In our example problem, we got an answer of 2 R 4. Since 2 is the whole number, we know we have two feet in our answer. Since 4 is the remainder, we know we have four inches. So, our answer is 2 feet, 4 inches.
- 4To get back to inches, multiply the feet by 12 and add the inches. Getting back to inches for these kinds of measurements is just a little bit harder than normal. Start by multiplying the number of feet by 12. This will give you a number of inches. Now, just add the other number of inches to get an answer that's only in inches.
- In our example, we would start by multiplying 2 feet by 12. 2 × 12 = 24 inches. Add the 4 inches to this to get 28 inches. This is our original inches measurement.
Community Q&AAdd New Question
- 5' 8' x 7' - How do I multiply this?Top AnswererFirst convert 5'8' to inches: 5 ft 8 in = (5 x 12) + 8 = 68 in. Then multiply 68 inches by 7 inches. That's 476 square inches.
- What is 5110 mm in feet and inches?Top Answerer5,110 mm ÷ 25.4 = 201.18 inches. Divide by 12 to get 16 feet, 9.18 inches.
- How can I convert 45 inches into feet as a mixed number?Community AnswerSince there are 12 inches in a foot, you should divide the number of inches into groups of 12 so you can see how many feet you have.45 / 12 = 3 feet and 9 inches, or 3 3/4 feet.
- How do I calculate square feet?Top AnswererIf the measurements are in feet, just multiply them together to get square feet. If the dimensions are in inches, first divide them by 12 to convert them to feet, then multiply them together for square feet. If the measurements are in some other unit, first convert to feet.
- A floor plan is drawn where 1 inch equals 2.5 feet. The bedroom measures 4 inches by 6 inches on the floor plan. What are the dimensions of the bedroom?Top AnswererFor each dimension multiply the number of inches measured by 2.5 feet. So it's 4 x 2.5 and 6 x 2.5.
- If one box is 3' 8' long, one is 2' 7' and the other one is 6' 3', what is total feet and inches?Top AnswererIf you're trying to add those three lengths together, first add the feet, then add the inches, and combine them: 3 + 2 + 6 = 11 feet. 8 + 7 + 3 = 18 inches, which is 1 foot, 6 inches. Combine the first sum with the second: 11 feet + 1 foot, 6 inches = 12 feet, 6 inches.
- How many feet is 3 2/7 inches in a fraction?Top Answerer3 2/7' = 23/7'. 23/7' ÷ 12 = 23/84 foot.
- What is 89' x 101' converted into square feet?Top AnswererMultiply 89 by 101. That gives you square inches. Then divide by 144. That gives you square feet.
- What is 5.84 inches? Is it 5 3/4'? 5 7/8'? What is the formula to get .84?Top Answerer.84 is 84/100, which reduces to 21/25.
- How do I calculate the square footage of an area 118' x 42'?Top AnswererMultiply 118 by 42 to get square inches, then divide by 144 to get square feet.
VideoBy using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Having trouble with the basics of division?Thanks!A quick way to go from inches to feet is to use an online converter. A good one is available here.Convert Seconds to Minutes
Inch To Feet Converter Download OnlineConvert Minutes to HoursConvert Grams to KilogramsConvert a Number from Decimal to IEEE 754 Floating Point RepresentationConvert cm to mmConvert Centimeters to InchesConvert Inches to CentimetersMeasure Grams
Inch To Feet Converter Download FreeAdvertisement
About This ArticlewikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 17 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 262,346 times.22 votes - 41%
Height Conversion In To FtUpdated: April 7, 2021Categories: Conversion AidsArticle SummaryX
To convert inches to feet, divide the number of inches by 12 since there are 12 inches in 1 foot. If you wanted to convert feet to inches, you would just multiply the number of feet by 12. To learn what to do if the number of inches is written as a decimal, scroll down!Did this summary help you?
How To Convert Inches Into Feet ChartIn other languagesРусский:перевести дюймы в футы или сантиметры
Inches.to.feet ConverterItaliano:Convertire i Pollici in PiediThanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 262,346 times.
Did this article help you?
Printable Height Conversion Chart Feet To InchesAdvertisement