Locate your Windows operating system version in the list of below 'Download readersl.exe Files'. Click the appropriate 'Download Now' button and download your Windows file version. Copy this file to the appropriate Adobe Acrobat DC folder location: Windows 10: C: Program Files (x86) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Reader. Restart your computer. Or alternatively, look for downloads on that page and then click on it, and when it opens look for adobe reader and click on it. Download adobe reader from there and install it. It should install without any problems.
This article applies to non–Creative Cloud products only. For help with Creative Cloud download problems, see Troubleshoot Creative Cloud download and install issues.
Find the app you're interested in on the Adobe Downloads page.
Follow the troubleshooting steps in one of the following documents—whichever applies to your download:
- Can't download a non–Creative Cloud purchased product? See Troubleshoot Akamai Download Manager downloads.
- Can't download a trial that uses Akamai Download Manager? (Includes Acrobat X Pro. Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Hong Kong SAR of China, mainland China, Taiwan region, or India.) See Can't download trial Akamai Download Manager.
Didn't find what you needed in Try this first?
Try one or more of the following tasks.
Often, the easiest way to resolve failed downloads is to try the download again using a different browser. For example, if you're using Internet Explorer on Windows, try Firefox. If you're using Firefox on Mac OS, try Safari.
Make sure that your computer meets the Akamai Download Manager minimum system requirements
See Akamai Download Manager FAQ. (Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Hong Kong SAR of China, mainland China, Taiwan region, or India.)
Allow pop-up windows in your browser, or add www.adobe.com to your pop-up blocker's exceptions list. Also, allow third-party cookies. For instructions, see your browser's documentation.
- Visit the Adobe website to make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Temporarily disable any firewalls and antivirus software. See the firewall or antivirus documentation for information on temporarily disabling the firewall or virus check.
- Try the download again from a different location (a different WiFi network, for example).
- If you are trying to download using a wireless connection, try the download over a wired connection.
- Make sure that you are downloading the files to a folder on your hard drive, not to a network drive. After the download completes, you can move the files to a network location, if desired.
- (Windows) Remove unnecessary files and clear your default TEMP directory to free up disk space.
- If a permissions error occurs, make sure that you have read and write access to the folder you’re downloading to. If you are unsure whether you have read and writeaccess to a location, save the download to your Documents folder or to the Desktop.
When prompted to Open or Save the downloaded file, select the option to save it. Then double-click the file to open it after it has downloaded completely.
Package Download Failed
If you encounter a specific error number or message, search the Adobe support website for the text or error number for a solution.
- Read any support documents that are listed in the search results for help resolving that error.
Or use your browser's search engine to look for information about the error code or message.
- Browser-managed downloads (small product downloads, such as fonts or Lightroom): Look in the progress window. The download is progressing as long as the transfer rate is more than 0 MB/sec. If it is stalled, start your download again.
- Akamai Download Manager 3 (Adobe.com Store downloads and some trial downloads, such as Acrobat X): Look for the word PAUSED in the Akamai window. If the download is paused, click the Resume button . (Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong SAR of China, mainland China, Taiwan region, or India.)
For more information, see Estimated download times.
If the temporary Internet file cache is too small to contain the file as it downloads, the download fails.
(Windows) Enlarge the temporary Internet file cache in Internet Explorer 7 and later
In the General tab, look under Browsing History and click Settings.
- In the Temporary Internet Files And History Settings dialog box, increase the Disk Space To Use setting to the size of your file. (The default is 50 MB.)
(Mac OS) Enlarge the temporary Internet file cache in Firefox 3.x and later
- In the Offline Storage area, increase the amount of space for the cache to the size of your file. (The default is 50 MB.)
Many factors, such as connection type and network traffic, affect download speed. The following table provides estimated download times for different file sizes at typical connection speeds. For faster downloads, avoid peak hours (9am to 6pm Eastern time). Demand for downloads can also be high the first week after a product release. Some products—typically applications that are about 1 GB or larger—require that you have a broadband Internet connection for download.
When you order a product, look below or to the right of the Delivery Method pop-up menu for the file size and estimated download time.
Adobe Reader Download Failed To Initialize Hard Drive
The estimates in this table assume ideal network conditions. Your actual download time can be longer.
|File size||Connection speed|
|DSL (1.5 Mbps)||Cable (3 Mbps)||Corporate network (10 Mbps)|
|100 MB||9 minutes||5 minutes||1 minute|
|500 MB||47 minutes||25 minutes||7 minutes|
|800 MB||75 minutes||40 minutes||11 minutes|
|1 GB||96 minutes||51 minutes||14 minutes|
|2 GB||3 hours||101 minutes||29 minutes|
|5 GB||8 hours||4 hours||72 minutes|
|7 GB||11 hours||6 hours||100 minutes|
|10 GB||16 hours||8.5 hours||2.5 hours|
Unable to download Captivate 8 or any product in IE 11 browser
If you are having trouble downloading Captivate 8 or any product using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8 or 7, you can fix it by adding www.adobe.com to the combatability view list. Follow the steps below:
Click the wheel-shaped Tools icon at the upper-right corner of the browser and then click Compatibility View settings.
Under Add this website, enter adobe.com and then click Add.
This step enables you to view adobe.com in combatability view.
Go back to the trial download page, reload the page (press F5 or click the Refresh icon), and click Download.
Now you should be able to download the product.
Adobe Reader Failed To Initialize
Visit the Adobe community forums to see if other users are experiencing similar download and installation problems. Visit the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum or find the forum for your product. Try posting your problem on the forums for interactive troubleshooting.
When posting on forums, include your operating system and your product's version number in your message.
More like this
|File Size:||52 kB|
|File Modification Date/Time:||2019:10:03 14:22:44+00:00|
|File Type:||Win32 EXE|
|Machine Type:||Intel 386 or later, and compatibles|
|Time Stamp:||2018:12:04 14:34:03+00:00|
|Initialized Data Size:||25600|
|Uninitialized Data Size:||0|
|File Version Number:||19.10.20064.48846|
|Product Version Number:||19.10.20064.48846|
|File Flags Mask:||0xffff|
|Object File Type:||Dynamic link library|
|Language Code:||English (U.S.)|
|Character Set:||Windows, Latin1|
|Company Name:||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|File Description:||Adobe Acrobat SpeedLauncher|
|Legal Copyright:||Copyright 1984-2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.|
|Product Name:||Adobe Acrobat|
✻ Portions of file data provided by Exiftool (Phil Harvey) distributed under the Perl Artistic License.